Updated: May 21, 2018
Natalie Burney, LPN
is a nurse who found her passion in doing makeup. Read more to learn why she built a beauty business that specializes in eyebrows.
1. What do you do and How long have you been in business? I have been a Nurse for over 10 years. I have been a freelance MUA for 4 years and I started Brows On Fleek 1st Definition of BEAT, LLC in January 2018. Specializing in eyebrow enhancements of Microblading, Microshading, and Makeup Artistry. I've also added Individual Eyelash Extensions, Brow Tinting, and Waxing Services.
2. Why did you pick this particular field to do business in? I chose this field because I loved getting complimented on my brows and makeup. People would request me to do their brows and I would never charge them. I loved when ladies would tag me and I see the compliments they would get on their brows and or makeup. A few years ago I started seeing ladies get semi permanent tattooing, so I got the proper training to incorporate it into my business. I want to see all my clients happy so I help them in every way that I can.
3. Tell us about a challenge you have had in business and how you have overcome it? A challenge I've had was building my clientele. The makeup industry is very popular. I had to realize what singled me from the rest. I also learned if you dont invest in yourself no one else will. I got business cards on the internet for $10.00 and I started passing them out. I would do my makeup and post on Facebook in different groups and on Instagram. I messaged ladies in my hometown and did their makeup for free and told them to tag me in their posts, just to put my name out. I now have a team if models that help me out so much with promoting my brand.
4. Why do you feel you have been as successful as you have in your business? By being patient and staying humble! Listening, fasting, and praying! I had to learn that everybody is not ment to go along with you on your journey. I started seeing friends drift away. I heard people tell me my vision couldn't be done. I am where I need to be and it's the right time. I have taken great advice from people who have been through far greater obstacles with starting a business. I worked hard for everything I have. And if I lose it all today, I know how to start over and do it again. I still have a lot of work to do, this is only the beginning!
5. What does women empowerment mean in your life? I want to see every woman live out her dreams, big or small! I'm a role model to my Niece & my God-daughter. Its my obligation to show them, younger girls, and women they can set goals and accomplish them no matter what age you are. Even if its obtaining your G.E.D., it can be done. I have to remember I was once in that spot. It does not matter how many times someone has told you "No", as long as God says "Yes" it will be done. We have people watching us that we don't even know, and in order to be blessed you first have to be a blessing. Everyone deserves a shot at their dreams.
Learn more www.browsonfleek1.com
Follow Brows On Fleek www.instagram.com/browsonfleek1